The Peer Recovery Center of Carteret County (PRC) is a facility wrapped around peer support for people in the community who are experiencing substance abuse, mental health issues, emotional crisis, PTSD, depression, anxiety, and other issues. Additionally, the Peer Recovery Center is staffed by individuals who are also experiencing these issues and are far along in their own recovery. Our Center believes that the path to the walk of recovery is best reached through self directed empowerment and being supported by others in addition to focusing on traditional mental health and substance abuse services directed by clinicians.
Starting Thursday, July 13 at 6:30pm, The Peer Recovery Center will begin offering SMART Recovery meetings.
Open 9:00 am – 9:00 pm Monday – Friday
The Peer Recovery Center of Carteret County offers many resources to help residents experiencing mental health and substance abuse issues to include:
- Warmline – Call 252-269-5317 after hours and on weekends.
- 1:1 Peer Counseling – Speak with someone who knows how you feel.
- 12-Step Study – Learn about the steps by the book
- Homelessness Referrals – Get a hand up, not a handout.
- Meditation Groups – Take time to relax.
- Movie Matinee – A fun time with others.
- NAMI Meetings – National Alliance for Mental Health, find out more.
- Peer Support Groups – Find out how others stay strong.
A peer to peer community that provides a friendly, safe and supportive place to help those in recovery build and maintain a meaningful and productive life.
Sharing hope and caring to help others achieve recovery from addiction/mental health disorders through shared experiences, education and community networking.
- “The Peer Recovery Center provided a safe environment for me to go and talk to people about treatment and long term recovery from addiction and mental illness. The staff offered me support 24 hours a day 7 days a week in combination with the center opened during business hours and the 24 hour Warm Line. I’ve also attended classes (WRAP, Twelve Step study) at the Peer Recovery Center that were very helpful for me in my personal recovery and at the same time educated me so I can better help the next person. The Peer Recovery Center also facilitates weekly Narcotics Anonymous meetings that several people attend and rely on in order to maintain their recovery. ..”
- Peer Recovery Center of Carteret County
- 3900 Bridges Street
- Morehead City, NC 28557
- Main: (252) 222-3888
- 24HR: (252) 269-5317
Special Events – Movie “A HIDDEN EPIDEMIC” Host Sherry Pace
When = Tuesday June 20th at 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Tuesday’s – 12pm-1pm, 7pm-8pm
Wednesday’s – 7pm-8pm
Thursday’s – 12pm-1pm, 7pm-8pm
Monday’s – 6:30pm-8pm
Thursday’s – 6pm-7pm
Friday’s – As Bill Sees It -12pm-1pm
Fish and Peer Group <0(((><
Friday – 5:30pm-6:30pm