Carteret County NC Care Facilities and Hotlines

Many of us need help now and then to keep our recovery in focus. There are various facilities in our area and beyond that can help us to get back on track. If you need assistance to choose the facility and/or service that is right for you, please call or come by to see us.

If your organization can provide this kind of help and you are not listed here, please contact us to be included. Also, if you are included and would like the provided information edited, please contact us.

Hope Recovery Homes: Faith-based recovery home. Applicants for admission to the program at the recovery homes typically have a referral from an inpatient treatment facility, detox center, or jail. Upon admission, participants must pass a drug and alcohol test. State funding available for those who qualify. Call 252-240-2359.

LeChris Counseling Services: Offers professional counseling services to individuals, groups, and families, outpatient therapy, medication management, intensive in-home, community support, ACTT, and substance abuse services. We believe that with the right help “all things are possible”. Located at 3332 Bridges Street, Morehead City. Call 252-726-9006.

Carteret County Domestic Violence Program: Provides case management program, counseling for individuals or group, court advocacy program, minority outreach, food pantry program, mental health/substance abuse advocacy program. Located in Morehead City. Call 252-728-3788 or 252-393-6361.

North Carolina Problem Gambling Program: If you or someone you care about has a gambling problem, call 1-877-718-5543 or go on the web at

Ezra Recovery Ministries: Offers residential treatment programs, Dual Diagnosis, Assessment, Pastoral/Biblical counseling, life coaching, individual and group therapy, domestic violence support group, parenting classes. Call Jarod Cruthis, MA, Ed.D, LCAS-A, Program Director at 252-838-9035.

Port Human Services: Crisis hotline and detox program. Call 866-488-7678.

The Kelly House: Pregnant women 18 or older with substance abuse diagnosis. On the web at

Stepping Stone Manor: Men 18 or older with substance abuse diagnosis. On the web at Speak to a caring addiction helpline advisor today. Call 1-888-919-4145. On the web at

Smith Assessment and Treatment Services: Offers drug and alcohol rehab services, outpatient services, partial day rehabs, adolescent/teen rehab centers, women’s treatment services, DUI/DWI clients, criminal justice client rehabs, Spanish treatment services. Located at 3110 Arendell Street, Morehead City. Call 252-727-5488.

Carteret Counseling Services: Offers drug and alcohol rehab services, outpatient rehabs, DUI/DWI clients. Located at 105 North 10th Street, Morehead City. Call 252-247-1109.

Coastal Carolina Center for Women Ministries: For all women where non-judgmental listening, sharing, encouragement, and prayer support is provided for the healing of the spirit and emotions. Trained peer volunteers are available. Located in Newport. Call 252-764-0722.

Carteret County Rape Crisis: Weekly support group for victims of rape and sexual abuse. Meets Thursdays, 7pm to 9pm. Located in Morehead City. Call 252-504-3668.

Greater Visions Behavioral Health: Medication management and outpatient therapy. Hours of operation are 9am to 6pm. Located at 3820 Bridges Street, Morehead City. Call 252-648-3121.

Located outside of Carteret County:

Walter B. Jones Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Center: Inpatient treatment program. Located at 2577 West 5th Street, Greenville. Call 252-830-3426, fax 252-707-5274. For admission call 252-707-5009 or 252-707-5110. For admission fax 252-707-5279.

Substance Abuse Counseling Center: Offers drug and alcohol rehab services, outpatient rehabs, partial day rehabs, DUI/DWI clients. PSC Box 8009, Cherry Point. Call 252-466-7568.

RHA Health Services Inc.: An addiction treatment facility that offers outpatient therapy, psychiatric services, comprehensive clinical assessments, intensive in-home, ACT, CST, peer support and individual support. Also provides outpatient services for no insurance or Medicaid. Located at 3820 Bridges Street, Suite B. Call 252-240-1482. Also located at 1907 Trent Boulevard, New Bern. Call 252-638-9091. Crisis Line: 1-855-345-1200.

Chemical Dependency Training: A drug treatment program that offers evaluation, guidance, and outpatient treatment. Located at 230 New Bridge Street, Jacksonville. Call 910-347-4477.

US Marine Corps Offers drug and alcohol rehab services, outpatient rehabs to active duty or reserves. Located at Marine Corps Air Station, New River, Jacksonville. Call 910-449-6110.